Community Providers Association of Oregon wants to be clear: we stand with the Black community. Today and forever: Black Lives Matter. Ethnic and racial disparities negatively impact Oregon’s Black community. Given the senseless loss of Black lives at the hands of law enforcement and the global unrest in response to the killing of George Floyd, silence is complicity.
Therefore, Community Providers Association of Oregon pledges to the Black community:
1. We will speak up against acts and words of racism and hold individuals and institutions accountable for their actions.
2. We will do the work within ourselves so that we can put a stop to the institutional racism that is all-pervasive.
3. We will listen more and talk less.
4. We will advocate for you, collaborate with you, and help you tell your stories with the dignity and respect deserved.
5. We will not allow fear and systemic racism to guide the services we provide.